Were thrilled to announce an upcoming conference ‘#MeToo on Campus: Ending Sexual Misconduct in UK Universities’, which will be hosted in conjunction with Westminster Briefing on Wednesday 20 March 2019 (venue TBC).
The‘#MeToo movement’ has highlighted the urgent need for universities to address the serious problem of sexual misconduct on campus. Nationally, the Office for Students has made this a key strategic objective, but universities must also be proactive in introducing their own policies to lead the way in reforming gender culture
This conference is your chance to explore your university’s next steps in embedding cultural change on campus and to ensure you avoid the sanctions and reputational damage that accompanies non-compliance.
We have a fantastic line-up of confirmed speakers, including:
- Dr Lilia Giugni, CEO, GenPol (Event Partner)
- Professor Janice Kay CBE, Member of the UUK Taskforce, Provost & Senior Deputy Vice Chancellor, University of Exeter
- James Elms, ‘Good Lad Initiative’ Student Coordinator, University of Cambridge
- Senior Representative, Office for Students
- Kim Doyle, Chief Executive, LimeCulture
- Dr Nina Burrowes, Founder, The Consent Collective
- Julian Sladdin, Partner, Pinsent Masons
- Georgina Calvert-Lee, Head of British Practice and Senior Litigation Counsel, McAllister Olivarius
- Further speakers to follow
Join colleagues who share a passion for these important issues and attend this conference to hear from institutions with strong campaigns, policies and training that are improving ‘prevention and response’ to sexual misconduct in Higher Education.